Stage 1 Programs
The Living World – Features of Places | Penrith Lakes Safari | Stage 1 | Science & Geography
Outcomes: *ST1-4LW-S *ST1-1WS-S *GE1-1
Students conduct an investigation of a Penrith Lakes Parkland and create links between them and their environment.
Activities include : Introduction and tour of Penrith Lakes, tree and bug search, catching aquatic bugs, and live animal presentation.
Key syllabus inquiry questions are:
Geography – Features of places
- What are the features of, and activities in, places?
- How can spaces within a place be used for different purposes?
Science – Living World
- What are the external features of living things?
- How can we improve a local environment to encourage living things to thrive?
- How do living things change as they grow?
Click here to view excursion program and risk assessment